When driving traffic to a landing page or website, the goal is to have visitors convert. This is particularly relevant for e-commerce businesses because every visitor might be a sale. While others are satisfied with branding and might not have the need for the visitor to take any action whatsoever, e-commerce owners frown for every single potential clients that remains just that - potential.
Something that is often forgotten in the highly competitive world of selling online is that the ideal case scenario, monetizing every single visitor that is, does not necessarily have to be created by selling products.
Three proven ways to create automated passive income with e-commerce are paid VIP membership programs, information products and blogs.
#3 Paid VIP Membership Programs
- 14-day access before official launch on website
- Only way to get access to limited editions
- Additional 10% discount on holidays
- 10% off every future purchase
- Free shipping (no minimum order value)
Also, let's not forget about the life-time value of a customer as well as the chain reactions a significant increase in sales might cause. For instance, customers who were hesitant before, might be intrigued by the idea of free shipping and might order more that they would have otherwise. Therefore, the business is shipping more and as a result, pays less per shipment due to volume discounts.
#2 Information products
Free & Paid Info Products For E-Commerce Businesses:
- Professional trainings how to use & apply your products (e.g. professional makeup artist)
- eBooks (how-to books, product comparison, collection of case studies etc.)
- Podcasts (interviews, think tanks, how-tos with experts)
Implementing automated passive income is simple but not easy. Especially for e-commerce businesses, potential clients need a reason to buy something besides or instead of the main products. Most businesses that try info products forget about rewarding their customers with a certificate as public display of their achievements.
In order to apply the concepts above successfully, consider the following.
- Shipped and emailed certificates for completed courses and trainings
- Badges for memberships that customers are proud to add to their LinkedIn profile or blog
- Facebook groups where customers can share how they have used the knowledge you have them
- Make it an affiliate program so others can sell your info products for you
#1 MoNetized Blog
- Easy to setup
- Easy to monetize (affiliate programs, AdSense, etc.)
Even though updating a blog can take up a lot of time, it is one of the easiest ways to make automated passive income. Free traffic can be generated via StumbleUpon, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and more while affiliate program giants like Amazon, Ebay, Clickbank and AdSense provide ready to use banners, product ads and automatically generated ads. Some businesses prefer to implement specific banners and get paid per unique visitor, impression or click.
For e-commerce businesses in particular, sidebar ads for info products with monthly residual income (e.g. via Clickbank) seem to work well, as does AdSense and custom banners.