The question is now how to get a piece of this billion dollar industry and start a successful career in online advertising right off the bat.
#1 Tip FOr A Career in Online Advertising: Get a Bachelor Degree
Typical degrees for a career in online advertising are:
- Business Administration
#2 Tip For A Career In Online Advertising: Learn Languages
Recommended languages by popularity:
#3 Top For A Career In Online Advertising: Be Humble & A Pleasure To Work With
How to show that you are humble and a team player:
- Don't apply for your first job and say that you can make a difference to the bottom line. If you could generate money, you would have done it by now and if you knew more than the existing team, you would have opened a competitor and beat them already.
- Don't start nagging about pay checks or send invoices on holidays or weekends, especially if you have always gotten paid on time
- Wear a suit for your first interview and once hired, adapt to the corporate culture regarding what to wear
- Never send smileys or emails without hello and goodbye. It's unprofessional and also shows a lack of respect for the recipient of the email.
- Greet everyone and thank anyone who helps you That includes cab drivers, receptionists and moments when someone corrects your work.
- Show loyalty and never talk badly about anyone. Won't help your career in online advertising and makes it difficult to be hired anywhere else because people appreciate loyalty - skills can be learned, loyalty is either there or not.
The list could go on and on, these are just some examples that not only apply to careers in online advertising but also to any other professional environment.